Book Review: The Marquess of Cake

The Marquess of Cake (Redcakes, #1)The Marquess of Cake by Heather Hiestand

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I thought this was a really neat take on the whole historical romance genre. I've read countless books about star-crossed lovers, forbidden love, unlikely matches, etc. between members of the aristocracy and whoever else might strike your fancy, but this is the first time I've read one centered around food. And cake no less! I liked that the cake theme was a strong element throughout the book, and wasn't just introduced to us and dropped. I also enjoyed the characters, seeing their ties to each other (and of course to the cakes!), and the various difficulties they encountered. I also enjoyed the casual hat tip to some modern day diseases, though prevalent throughout history, that were not always known to exist. Well done on that, too!

Overall, a very enjoyable read that I would definitely recommend to anyone out there with a sweet tooth or who enjoys a good romance.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Overload?

Short Story Entry for Round 2 - SUBMITTED! Pew Pew!

The Art of the Slow Burn Romance - That S*** Ain't Easy to Write